Thursday, June 3, 2010

"SHoP"ing for Built-ins

We're hoping to incorporate built-ins in the house, and we were very fortunate to live in an apartment formerly inhabited by *accomplished architects* in NYC. They built tons of MDF shelving that really maximaized space:





Here's what we're thinking for the main LR area and hallway in the new house:





The views from the old apartment were pretty out-of-this-world and the neighbors, for the most part, were quiet:






It was all so lovely, until they started building an apartment on top of ours....



We were able to delay the construction for about a year, because surprise!, the landlord misrepresented information in the permit application. But ultimately the landlord was able to transfer air rights from an adjacent property and continue construction. Ahhh, the good old days...


1 comment:

  1. ok, that picture of your new LR? I would move in there right now and not ask you to do a thing; awesomeness!!!

    I swear, if I had a nickel for every new rooftop 'dwelling' I see going up around here, I could retire and well....build a house, maybe....in Rochester. ha

    ReplyDelete