Monday, January 31, 2011

Build-A-Bench

It all began with an I-can-do-that moment and a simple sketch of a bench for our mudroom. Little did I know that lumber name sizes don't actually match their true sizes. So a 3/4 inch piece of plywood is really 22/32 of an inch thick. After numerous mathematical adjustments, I was ready with my plan.



Our nephew, Peter, happens to work at Lowe's, so off I went to get the lumber cut. After I parked at Lowe's, I was sitting in my car and heard a very loud CRUNCH. A pick-up truck had snagged a lumber cart and pushed it into my front bumper. Youch.



While we waited for the police to arrive, I was able to get the lumber cut. Peter was awesome!



The evolution of the bench.








Mudroom before:


And after:


1 comment:

  1. Wow, looks great, Jackie! That must be mighty satisfying.

    ReplyDelete